Standard Components – Mobile Agricultural Exhibits Trailer
1. One (1) X 20’ gooseneck trailer (28’ total length) attractively wrapped to engage
audiences and provide a backdrop for the educational kiosks. The trailer is wired should
electricity be needed for any of the displays.
2. Eleven (11) educational metal kiosks that roll off the trailer and open up to display a
variety of agricultural exhibits intended to help the non-farm population learn more about
farming and the source of their food. Commodities may include dairy, sheep, pork, eggs,
beef, turkey, broiler chickens, crops, environment, pulse crop, or local foods. Kiosks are
interchangeable should a client wish information portrayed only on a few topics. All kiosks
will have information for audiences to pick up. (e.g. recipes, fact sheets, etc.). Mystery
boxes can be incorporated into the kiosk display.
3. The Trailer and displays will arrive on-site at a time mutually agreed upon by the event
organizers and the driver. On occasion, due to trucking logistics, it may be necessary for
the display to remain onsite past the closing time of your event. This will be discussed
between the Event Organizer and the Driver.
4. If possible, it is preferred that the trailer be included in the kiosk display area to provide a
more effective overall display. If event space availability does not permit placement of the
trailer with kiosks, then parking for the trailer must be provided on the grounds as close to
the kiosks as possible.
5. One (1) additional roll-off bin that opens up to display “Mini Maple the Cow” (a hands-on
a learning tool to educate about the dairy industry), as well as one (1) roll-off bin with
various models of farm machinery for children to play with within the display area may be
included if discussed prior to the set-up date.
6. An electrical outlet is required for “mini Maple”.
7. All required electrical cords will be supplied by DFC and will conform to ESA standards.
The Event Host is responsible for providing safety covers for all cords within the display.
Setup will take into account to minimization of cords within the traffic areas of the display.
8. You are required to provide two (2) volunteers with an Agriculture background to be
present with the trailer for its duration at your event. *If requested for a fee, two (2)
Durham Farm Connections Agricultural Ambassadors may be available to be on-site with
the trailer and kiosks during operating hours of the event to engage with the visitors.
Parking and admission passes must be provided for all DFC Ambassadors for their time
present. *Please see fee schedule regarding Ambassador details*
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The Lessor will, for the stated fee, provide transportation of the exhibit/resources to the
Lessee unload and set up in an agreed-upon location on the lessee’s premises. At the
end of the rental period, the Lessor shall take down the exhibit/resources and remove them
from the Lessee’s premises.
2. The Lessee using the exhibit will use it in a good and careful manner and comply with all
the manufacturer’s requirements and recommendations respecting the equipment and any
applicable law, including but not limited to environmental and copyright law.
3. Unless the Lessee obtains prior written consent, the Lessee will not alter, modify or attach
anything to the equipment
4. The Lessee will be responsible for the risk of loss, theft, damage or destruction while the
exhibit is on their premises.
5. If the equipment is not in good repair when the exhibit/resources are picked up, a damage
report will be left with the Lessee. Upon repair of any damages, the Lessee will be invoiced
for such repairs.
6. The Lessee shall maintain at the Lessee’s own expense liability insurance and any other
insurance required to indemnify the Lessor against any loss of the mobile exhibit and
other resources provided and any losses suffered by third parties for personal injuries or
7. Proof of commercial general liability insurance with a minimum limit of (5) five million dollars
to be supplied to the Lessor by the Lessee at the time of booking.
8. The Lessee shall indemnify and hold harmless the Lessor against all loss, expenses,
penalties, damages, condemnations and law costs which the Lessor may suffer or maybe
required or condemned to pay for personal injuries (including death) and or property
damage suffered by any person by reason of the use of the mobile exhibit trailer or
resources while in the hands of the Lessee or the Lessee’s employees or agents.
9. The kiosks are to be in a covered area (building or large tent with sides) unless other
arrangements have been agreed upon by both the Lessee and the Lessor prior to the
event. The Lessor reserves the right to refuse set up of the display kiosks if the properly
covered shelter is not provided, and the deposit will be forfeited by the Lessee. Failure to
do so will result in the display being reduced or removed entirely by the Coordinator/Trailer
Ambassadors, at their discretion, protect the display materials and ensure the safety of
10. The Lessor reserves the right to cancel this rental agreement with a just cause at any time
without notice. Fees paid in advance may be returned.
11. The Lessee is responsible for all Covid-19, epidemic and/or pandemic protocol and
procedures and their direct costs incurred. The undersigned agrees to indemnify, defend,
hold harmless and release Farm Connections, DRFA, its officers, directors, agents and
employees from and against any and all loss, liability, personal injury, property damage,
claims, costs and expenses, including legal fees. Should the event need to be cancelled
due to COVID prior to arrival day, all monies shall be returned to the Lessee.