Rental Terms & Conditions
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The Lessor will for the stated fee provide transportation of the exhibit/resources to the Lessee, unload and set up in an agreed upon location on the lessee’s premises. At the end of the rental period, the Lessor shall take down the exhibit/resources and remove it from the Lessee’s premises.
2. The Lessee using the exhibit will use it in a good and careful manner and comply with all the manufacturer’s requirements and recommendations respecting the equipment and any applicable law including but not limited to environmental and copyright law.
3. Unless the Lessee obtains prior written consent, the Lessee will not alter, modify or attach anything to the equipment
4. The Lessee will be responsible for risk of loss, theft, damage or destruction while the exhibit is on their premises.
5. If the equipment is not in good repair when the exhibit/resources are picked up, a damage report will be left with the Lessee. Upon repair of any damages the Lessee will be invoiced for such repairs.
6. The Lessee shall maintain at the Lessee’s own expense liability insurance and any other insurance required to indemnify the Lessor against any loss of the mobile exhibit and other resources provided and any losses suffered by third parties for personal injuries or death.
7. Proof of commercial general liability insurance with a minimum limit of five million dollars to be supplied to the Lessor by the Lessee, at the time of booking.
8. The Lessee shall indemnify and hold harmless the Lessor against all loss, expenses, penalties, damages, condemnations and law costs which the Lessor may suffer or may be required or condemned to pay for personal injuries (including death) and or property damage suffered by any person by reason of the use of the mobile exhibit trailer or resources while in the hands of the Lessee or the Lessee’s employees or agents.
9. The kiosks are to be in a covered area (building or large tent with sides) unless other arrangements have been agreed upon by both the Lessee and the Lessor prior to the event. The Lessor reserves the right to refuse set up of the display kiosks if proper covered shelter is not provided and the deposit will be forfeited by the Lessee. Failure to do so will result in the display being reduced or removed entirely by the Coordinator/Trailer Ambassadors at their discretion, to protect the display materials and ensure the safety of event visitors.
10. The Lessor reserves the right to cancel this rental agreement with just cause at any time without notice. Fees paid in advance may be returned.
11. The Lessee is responsible for all Covid-19, epidemic and/or pandemic protocol and procedures, and their direct costs incurred. The undersigned agrees to indemnify, defend, hold harmless and release Farm Connections, DRFA, its officers, directors, agents and employees, from and against any and all loss, liability, personal injury, property damage, claims, costs and expenses, including legal fees. Should the event need to be canceled due to COVID prior to arrival day, all monies shall be returned to the Lessee.
1. TRAILER SIZE: One (1) X 20’ gooseneck trailer (28’ total length) attractively wrapped to engage audiences and provide a backdrop for the educational kiosks. The trailer is wired should electricity be needed for any of the displays.
2. Choice of up to eight (8) of eleven (11) educational metal kiosks (opening at 8 feet wide x 2 feet deep x 7 feet tall per kiosk) that roll off the trailer and open up to display a variety of agricultural exhibits intended to help the non-farm population learn more about farming and the source of their food. Commodities may include dairy, sheep, pork, eggs, beef, turkey, broiler chickens, crops, environment, pulse crop, or local foods. Kiosks are interchangeable should a client wish information portrayed only on a few topics. All kiosks will have information for audiences to pick up. (e.g. recipes, fact sheets, etc.). Mystery boxes can be incorporated into the kiosk display.
3. The Trailer and displays will arrive on-site at a time mutually agreed upon by the event organizers and the driver. On occasion, due to trucking logistics, it may be necessary for the display to remain onsite past the closing time of your event. This will be discussed between the Event Organizer and the Driver.
4. If possible, it is preferred that the trailer be included in the kiosks display area to provide a more effective overall display. If event space availability does not permit placement of the trailer with kiosks, then parking for the trailer must be provided on the grounds as close to the kiosks as possible.
5. One (1) additional roll-off bin that opens up to display “Mini Maple the Cow” (a hands-on learning tool to educate about the dairy industry), as well as one (1) roll-off bin with various models of farm machinery for children to play with, within the display area may be included if discussed prior to set-up date.
6. An electrical outlet is required for “mini Maple”.
7. All required electrical cords will be supplied by DFC and will conform to ESA standards. The Event Host is responsible for providing safety covers for all cords within the display. Setup will take into account to minimize cords within the traffic areas of the display.
8. You are required to provide two (2) volunteers with an Agriculture background to be present with the trailer for its duration at your event. *If requested for a fee, two (2) Durham Farm Connections Agricultural Ambassadors may be available to be on-site with the trailer and kiosks during operating hours of the event to engage with the visitors. Parking and admission passes must be provided for all DFC Ambassadors for their time present. *Please see fee schedule regarding Ambassador details*